Drive Me – P’s (NDIS)
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT NDIS SERVICES ENQUIRY
Drive Me (P’s Program)
Drive Me is a Driving Experience Mentoring Program to help you get the required 75 hours for your P’s. The goal of this program is to overcome your challenges for getting your P’s, increase opportunities to learn about employment or traineeships, and acquire necessary skills and develop good driving behaviour.
- To start the Drive Me Program a minimum of 4 lessons must be completed with a professional driving instructor.
- We will provide you with a Trained Driving Mentor (Responsible Supervising Driver) and the use of our modified car
- You will participate in a four-hour road safety program, before driving practice commences
- To attain the required 75 hours, you will attend 1.5 hours twice per week for one2one mentored driving practice. The time and day is negotiated with you and our NDIS Mentor
- The program is approx. 115 to 120+ hours over 12 months – approx. cost $7500
- The program includes approx. 60 kilometres per session – approximate total 4500 kilometres – approx. cost $3,825
- Total approx. cost for Drive Me – P’s is $11,325
- The hours required to achieve the P’s depends on the participant progress and capabilities. (everyone is different)
- Final driving test (VORT) must be successfully completed with a professional driving instructor; this cost is not included in Drive Me Program.
This program can be funded under Core Supports or Capacity Building Supports depending on your available NDIS funding