Youth Space & Flexible Learning Options
“Learning for Life!”
Re-engaging young people to meaningful pathways
Youth Space offers case management and flexible learning as a complete package for young people, aged 14-21 years who have disengaged from mainstream schooling.
The Youth Space program offers
- Experiential Learning engagement through project participation
- Accredited learning through South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Foundation Skills using BKSB for assessment and literacy and numeracy development
- Career Development aligned to the Australian Blueprint for Career Development (ABCD)
- Outcome Star (an internationally validated assessment tool) to measure and monitor growth and progression
Youth Space provides a trauma informed practice case management model, tailored to the individual’s strengths, skills and pathway needs. The program has a focus on essential core employability skills, including numeracy and literacy.
Case Management services are available in the school holidays however focus on operating Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5:00 pm during school terms. As part of their self-directed case plan, students can work toward a meaningful pathway through:
- Engaging in vocational skills training
- Achieving South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
Projects / Skills Development
Youth Space offers a diverse range of projects and skill areas that are tailored to the individual needs of each student. Each student has an individually negotiated program, but attendance is usually 1 to 4 days per week. The learning programs including workshop and computer areas operate Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 2.30 pm during school terms.
- Technology – 3D printing, robotics, building and flying drones, Computer Aided Design (CAD) Milling
- Art and graphic design
- Woodwork projects
- Bike building, maintenance and repair
- Metal Work and Welding
Youth Options is an Approved Panel of Providers member of the South Australian Governments Department for Education Flexible Learning Options (FLO) enrolment strategy for Case Management Services and Flexible Learning Programs.
Referral can be made via FLO, NDIS or Fee for Service arrangements.