BizAbility – Think Ability, Then Design Your Business
BizAbility assists people living with disability explore entrepreneurship as a pathway to achieving self-employment using human centred design (HCD) methodology. You will identify an idea for self-employment matched to your abilities and circumstances, test assumptions and create an action plan to achieve self-employment using the 5 core modules of Design Thinking: Empathise, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test.
Throughout the program, you will have access to a mentor for individual support and assistance. You will also become part of a community where you can share your experience with others and hear from entrepreneurs with lived disability and business experience.
We see successful participants leave the program with a stronger purpose, awareness of opportunities and increased motivation to achieve self-employment.
- Increased understanding of self-employment and skills needed
- Raised confidence to start their self-employment journey
Available to NDIS Participants:
- 17 to 65 years old
- Want to explore self-employment/business
- 12 months of learning & mentoring
- Approx. 12 weeks (3 hours per week) exploring & learning
- Approx. 40 weeks (3 hours per week) business mentoring
- Approx. Cost is $10,920
Please contact the BizAbility Team:
Nate Overbeeke on 08 8388 6600
Support Category/Registration Group
– Increased Social and Community Participation – Innovative Community Participation
– Development of daily living and life skills (in some circumstances)
– Access to community, social and rec activities (in some circumstances)